Walk-In Fume Hood
The Iroquois walk-in fume hood is a floor-mounted hood designed to handle large laboratory equipment with roll-in accessibility. The full airfoil design of the LA-series side posts promotes smooth airflow around the sash perimeter. Wide Post (flat front) and Slimline (thin wall) post styles are also available. Two independent full-framed vertical rising sashes are standard equipment. Our distillation hood, a shorter version of the walk-in, can be floor- or low table-mounted. Drawing from a half century of hood-making experience, we build hoods to accommodate almost every variety of apparatus and procedures.
Standard features include:
- Welded superstructure for structural rigidity and design flexibility to contain large equipment and conveyances
- Three-piece baffle system with three adjustable dampers to regulate lighter- and heavier-than-air gases
- Airfoil around top and sides of sash opening, with electrical fixtures and plumbing controls mounted on bias surface
- Bypass grill with adjustable louvers to control bypass air volume
- Two independent, full-framed, stainless steel vertical sash with integral stainless steel finger pulls
- Stainless steel sash guides, duct collar
- Sash/counterweight pulley system utilizing four 2 ½”-diameter pulleys for one-finger sash movement; full-width counterweight featuring “Tilt-Lock” for additional safety and durability
- Vapor-proof fluorescent light fixture – 2’ or 4’ (bulbs not included)
Optional equipment includes:
- Liner material – choice of nine non-asbestos materials
- Electrical switches and receptacles. Also explosion-proof lighting and fixtures available.
- Remote-controlled plumbing fixtures, with chrome or color-coded outlets. Pre-piped hard copper with soldered joints.
- Choice of sashes – vertical rising (standard); top-hung horizontal sliding;
combination (vertical /horizontal)
- Ceiling enclosure
- Air velocity monitor/alarm
- Auxiliary air bonnet – supplements room air by supplying 70% of hood air from outside building. Requires its own blower and duct.
- Automatic sash closer
- Worksurface – cast epoxy, dished or flat
- Blowers – selected to match hood and ductwork configuration, corrosive or ignitable exhaust fume
LA-Series Walk-In Hoods comply with U.L. 1805 Classification requirements